Sunday, September 28, 2014

MICHAEL STRONG STAMP GROUP BLOG HOP

Here we are suppose to share the first stamp we got  off of Mike......ummm I don't remember but I am thinking it was this tree stamp. I see he has a set of them now but when I got this one it was the only one by itself. I don't remember when I joined this group but it was a friend in another group that told me about it. So I checked it out and joined. I enjoy his stamps and love to create with them. So the first card I made was with some toilet paper and his frame stamp. Saw this some where and can't remember where but wrote down the instructions. Which are simple. Use 8 piece's of one ply toilet paper and some water, use a stipple brush and wet brush apply to stamp and push it gently into the nooks and crannies. Let dry then remove. Here are a couple of pictures of the finished project.
      Now here is the other side. One side is more defined then the other not sure if you can see it. Also do one sheet of toilet paper at a time. Should have put this in earlier.
And here is the card I made out of the tree stamp.

ok you should have come from   Herma  and you can go to  here Lori If you get lost along the way go here to start. Hetty. I hope I got all this right.

Almost forgot to show the card I made from the toilet paper,lol.

It is a bit hard to take a picture of it . But it is a black and white .
Enjoy or hop it has been 6yrs in the making and going strong. 

19 comments:

  1. Thanks somuch, Rosie, for being part of this blog hop and sharing your cards and first stamp. That was such a fun technique with the toilet paper. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rosie,

    I like the card you are showing with the XMas-tree. I too bought the big single one for xmas-cards in 2009.
    The toiletpaper one is lovely toooo.
    Off to do some more hoppin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosie, lovely to see how you use the MS stamps! Happy stamping and crafting XOXO Yael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rosie for sharing this cool technique and thank you for being a special part of our little group over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the toiletpaper, always in for a new idea! Like the cards too. Hopping along now so bye!
    Jetty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosie, so nice that you join the blog hop! It really was a fun technique and your card is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great idea of a different type of embossing! Thanks for sharing that great idea. WendyC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool technique! I will have to give it a try. Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful project with toilet paper casting- and the card you included it in is beautiful! There was a time where we made many of these cards: ) Fun Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy the results of the toilet paper casting - we did it at our Stamp Club a few years ago. These stamps are perfect for that 'cos they're so beautifully, deeply etched. Great card you made.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the reminder about the "toilet paper casting". It works so beautifully with Mike's frame stamp-which I have! Need to try this! Your tree card is darling. Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for showing the toilet paper technique. I had forgotten about it. Your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun idea with the toilet paper! I don't think I've ever seen that -- what a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A blast from the past on the TP! I haven't done that technique with any of the Michael Strong stamps. Better take a look at the collections and see if I find one for the TP. Your details came out so well it will be a hard decision to pick just 1, or 2, or 3! Oh the fun of it all. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rosie, I like the subtle color combo. TFS
    Dorly Weitzen, Israel

    ReplyDelete
  16. What great definition you achieved w/ the tech.!

    Kathy Rossiter

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment!